As a university professor and a research scientist, I spend much of my time distributing information. The purpose of this site is to do this more efficiently. You'll also find some personal items, such as paintings, prints, and sketchbook drawings.
Awards and Recognitions:
Named "NASA's Little Green Man" by Oklahoma Senator Tom Coburn
SJSU Outstanding Professor (2012/13)
Workshops, Conferences, and Symposia:
* Direct Simulation Monte Carlo 2013: Theory, Methods, and Applications (DSMC13) at the Inn and Spa at Loretto, Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA, on October 20-23, 2013. [Go to Conference Website]
* "Modeling of Thermal Fluctuations in Multicomponent Reacting Systems", 2013 SIAM Conference on Mathematical Aspects of Materials Science Philadelphia, USA, June 9-12, 2013 (Slides: PDF)
* "Fluctuating hydrodynamics of multispecies mixtures. I. Non-reacting Flows", K. Balakrishnan, A. Garcia, A. Donev, and J.B. Bell, Physical Review E 89 013017 (2014) (PDF).
* "Low Mach Number Fluctuating Hydrodynamics of Diffusively Mixing Fluids", A. Donev, A. J. Nonaka, Y. Sun, T. Fai, A. L. Garcia and J. B. Bell, Communications in Applied Mathematics and Computational Science, 9 47 (2014) (PDF).
* "Mr. Peabody and Sherman", Physics Consultant, Animation Dept. (2014)